Fire Marshal Inspections
All phases of construction shall be inspected with regards to the International Fire Code, the International Building Code
Please contact the Fire Marshal's office at 435-797-1979 to schedule an inspection. Be prepared to allow a 48 hour advanced notice for requested inspections.
- THRUST BLOCKS for fire mains require a visual inspection and shall be installed per NFPA 13 section A.10.8.2.
- FIRE MAINS Fire mains shall be laid in 6 inches of pea gravel, and buried to a depth of 5 1/2 feet to the top of the pipe. Joints shall be wrapped in visqueen, and all of these items shall require a visual inspection. After backfilling, a hydrostatic test is required, followed by flushing the fire main. A contractor's material and test certification for underground piping shall also be submitted at this time.
- FLUSH TEST Fire mains shall be flushed at a minimum of 10 ft/second, and shall be witnessed by the Fire Marshal's office.
- HYDROSTATIC TESTS All fire mains and sprinkler pipe systems shall be hydrostatically tested to 200 lbs. for 2 hours, and witnessed by the Fire Marshal's office.
- FIRE ALARM CONDUIT All fire alarm conduits shall be visually inspected by the Fire Marshal's office, prior to being concealed by sheetrock or other construction material.
- FIRE SPRINKLER PIPE All fire sprinkler piping shall be visually inspected by the Fire Marshal's office prior to being concealed by sheetrock or other construction material.
- GENERAL ACCEPTANCE TESTS All acceptance tests, including sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, emergency back up generators, emergency egress lighting, exit lighting, and all other life/safety items shall be inspected by the Fire Marshal's office. Click here to view the USU Fire Marshal's Checklist of Final Inspections.